Beta 2 of the Curses Interface was released on June 29th, 2010. Here is a summary of changes from Beta 1.
- Traditional "#" prompt for extended command input, as an alternative to the extended command menu interface (depending on setting of extmenu option)
- Improved "Count:" prompt interface, either as a popup or in the message window, depending on the setting of the "popup_dialog" option
- Eliminated flickering in the status window, resulting in greatly improved performance on all platforms
- Added "shall I pick a character for you?" option, and integrated with the optional splash screen
- Splash screen is only displayed if the terminal window is big enough
- Fixed crash when dismissing character selection dialogs
- Fix numberpad issue when playing remotely via PuTTY
- Fully implemented group accelerators and preselected menu items
- Initial NetHack windows are hidden until character is chosen
- Specifying petattr now implies hilite_pet as well
- PICK_NONE menus now return either 0 or -1, depending on if the menu was explicitly canceled (needed at least for ^X in wizard mode)
- Hitting space now acts as the default answer for yn_function dialogs, as in the tty port
- Selected menu options are now highlighted more clearly
- Menus now accept a count
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.